The Cross Revealed

God has given us all that we need to lead a life pleasing to Him. We abandon confidence in ourselves or other men, and cast ourselves on Jesus, "The author and finisher of our faith".

Sunday, January 11, 2015

"For without faith, it is impossible to please God. For he who would come to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him" Hebrews 11:6.

For so long, Galatians 2:20 has been my life verse, but now I am ready to move onto the above as my theme for the rest of my days here on earth. Yes, indeed, I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. This is the starting point, for unless I realize just how hopeless I am, I will hold onto my old man and his ugly flesh. But a starting point is not meant to be dwelt at, but left. So said the writer of Hebrews in chapter six.

So it's a swap. I give up my life, but I get all that Jesus is in return. I suspect, saints, that He is better than anything we could ever imagine in a million lifetimes. As I said in my previous post, God is not a human Father, who gives grudgingly if at all. Not a chance. No, but when we see Him as He is, our lives are completely changed. And this is what I want for this year. I want to change what I do by changing how I think. I am really looking forward to what this new year brings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home