The Cross Revealed

God has given us all that we need to lead a life pleasing to Him. We abandon confidence in ourselves or other men, and cast ourselves on Jesus, "The author and finisher of our faith".

Friday, October 9, 2009

my prayer

I thank you, O God, for all that I have
It is you, O Lord, the giver of life
From the pit of despair my cry goes to thee
Free me, my God, from all this strife

The wisdom and tradition of men falls short
All religion seems a cruel hoax
But my God, I am no better
My dead wood the fire stokes

What good is an appliance that is not plugged in?
Can it make coffee, tea or toast?
My God, apart from you I am nothing
Only in your power might I ever boast

May my focus this day be on Thee alone
May the vanity of this world fade away
May thy face be ever in my focus
May thy Word be life to me alway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home