The Cross Revealed

God has given us all that we need to lead a life pleasing to Him. We abandon confidence in ourselves or other men, and cast ourselves on Jesus, "The author and finisher of our faith".

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

When woke is broke and MAGA is no better

 I cannot say that I am a church history maven. Suffice to say, when Jesus and politics have mixed, some of the worst in man has been revealed. Jesus' message is the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom that is not external but internal. It speaks to the hearts of men. Politics is at best the struggle of one broken party against another broken party. Politics can make laws against certain behaviors, but cannot address the evil in men's hearts. 

For much of the history of Western Civilization, values inspired by the message of the gospel were the basic framework of our laws. Men were men, women were women, divorce was discouraged and sodomy was outlawed. In my lifetime, basic understandings of what is right and wrong have been transformed. Some in the Western church, offended by what the Bible calls "sin", have embraced these changes. They welcome with open arms those previously excluded because they will not leave their sin behind. Others in the Western church hold to their guns (sometimes literally) with regard to what will be allowed into orthodox ecclesiology. I do not see the Spirit of Jesus in either group. 

Sinner, I am not called to condemn you. If you want to know more about Jesus, I am here to listen to you. I will share what I know, but I will not hit you over the head with it. What you will not hear me say, though, is that you do not need to repent. All have sinned. All have fallen short of God's expectations. Confession is merely agreeing with God that we are sinners. Jesus' message is prophetic, but it is also full of compassion for those broken under the power of sin. I am ready to have this conversation. Are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home