The Cross Revealed

God has given us all that we need to lead a life pleasing to Him. We abandon confidence in ourselves or other men, and cast ourselves on Jesus, "The author and finisher of our faith".

Saturday, September 4, 2010

A voice in the wind

Running for political office has proved to be trying beyond measure to me. The wisdom of the world tells me I must advertise, make phone calls, promote my name, etc.

Well, so much for all that. The only thing that matters is that the LORD JESUS is exalted. In the end, I am powerless in my flesh. I must accept this, and let the LORD establish me, if indeed I would be successful.  The wisdom of God is in the cross. Utter foolishness to the world. Isaiah 53:1 essentially says, "Who's going to believe this one, Lord?" Indeed, the wisdom of God revealed in a Suffering Servant? The world's rulers did not get it, but in the end, they cannot conquer the one who would lay down His Life. This wisdom has been hidden from the proud, the boastful, those who trust in the flesh. But to those of us who are being saved, it is the power of God.

1 Comments:

At September 15, 2010 at 9:46 AM , Blogger A.Brother said...

So true, brother. I pray that the Spirit of God will uphold you and keep you from temptation that accompanies this world's opportunities. Being in the public eye is not necessarily dangerous physically, but I'll pray that you can keep this understanding you have of our complete and utter dependence on Christ. That is our danger, no matter if king or pauper...thanks for sharing and I'll pray for you right now. Hope my blog encourages you in our daily cross bearing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home