The Cross Revealed

God has given us all that we need to lead a life pleasing to Him. We abandon confidence in ourselves or other men, and cast ourselves on Jesus, "The author and finisher of our faith".

Monday, June 17, 2024

The Purpose of the Law

 "Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned" (I Tim 1:5).

Is this a fair description of the faith today? Many in the church of the west disapprove of the "Woke" left, and would like to vote them out of office. I am uncomfortable with the close political ties that are associated with members of the Christian Faith. Those on the MAGA side of the faith want to vote in politicians who would end abortion, gay rights, feminism etc. Those on the Woke side of the Faith don't seem to care what the Bible says about moral issues. Many of those on both sides may not truly be saved, though. 

A third alternative should be visible soon. I know that abortion is the taking of a human life, and that Gay is not an "alternative lifestyle" but rather open rebellion against God. However, I do not believe I need to openly confront those who do not agree. First of all, they already know that they are not right with God, per Romans one. Any statement from me would not add anything, and only reinforce stereotypes of judgmental attitudes. Secondly, a heart check is needed. Is what I am doing the result of the love of God in my heart? If I know God, all that I do is the result of love (I John 4:7). I pray for the opportunity to share this with the world. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home