The Cross Revealed

God has given us all that we need to lead a life pleasing to Him. We abandon confidence in ourselves or other men, and cast ourselves on Jesus, "The author and finisher of our faith".

Saturday, August 3, 2024

Wasted life?

 “‭Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, ‭I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”

(Philippians 3:13-14, AV)


Sometimes I look back at my life, and I wonder what I might have accomplished.  I never really apprehended anything. My life seems to have been very small compared to what other men have done. Perhaps Paul, though certainly the most influential Christian who ever lived, was pondering the same things.

However, Paul was not wallowing in self pity, enveloped in regret. No, his eyes were on the challenges ahead of him. For Paul, hope always carried him. He was determined to finish well, and he did. 

So with us, saints. Do we realize that our sufferings,  our failures, have prepared us for a glorious future <2 Corinthians 4:16-18>? We  may be past our physical prime, but God's purposes are always ahead of us. Let us then, if we look back, do so in the eyes of faith, knowing that Jesus is tge Alpha and the Omega,  the beginning and the end. He who has called us is faithful, and He will do it. Amen. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home